St Frances De Sales Primary School – Lynbrook Victoria
Winner – Category 1A New School Construction
Winner New School Construction
- Created an outstanding contemporary learning environment for primary school students.
- Developed effective indoor/outdoor relationships.
- Used common materials in creative ways to produce at aesthetically pleasing building.
- Thoughtfully used custom designed interior elements to divide up the spaces and create a variety of purposeful activity settings for whole group, small group and individual study.
- Included a staff work area adjacent to the learning zones to encourage staff collaboration and learning.
- Addressed environmentally sustainable design requirements with through the effective use of passive design principles, including clever roof and ceiling design that allowed for excellent natural lighting.
- Installed wireless internet facilities to enable technology to be used in all of the spaces, as required.