EXTENDing the Mayfield experience to young professionals
27 Jun 2017
The EXTEND Program is in full swing in South Australia.
Twelve young and passionate educators, policy, landscape and design professionals are examining six provocations under the mentorship of SA Mayfield participants from the acclaimed 2016 Exchange conference and facilitation by Peter Moeck and Georgina House.
The provocations comprise:
- What if the needs of learners drove the design of space catering for innovation and emerging technologies?
- What if student well-being and student voice informed the design of learning environments?
- What if the outdoors was another learning space? What are the health benefits?
- What if learning spaces were conducive to engagement for All Girls Education and STEM? What would this look like?
- What if all learning environments were arranged as purposeful learning settings?
- What if all settings could be used for problem based learning to enhance critical thinking, collaboration, creativity and communication?
Participants are working in teams over the next few months to expand their thinking - and ours - about pedagogy and space.
Stay tuned for updates about their progress.