Last chance for Regional Day Out tickets!
26 Oct 2016
It's your last chance to register for our Regional Day Out, with registrations closing soon.
Hosted by Learning Environments Australasia’s South Australian Chapter and proudly sponsored by Woods Furniture, this year's event tackles STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. It's one of the most important themes in the national education debate.
On Friday November 4, come along to the National Wine Centre in Adelaide for the latest in STEM in Australia. With an opening address by Susan Close MP (Minister of Education and Child Development) and the broadcaster Amanda Blair as our MC, this is one day of exploration and discussion that will challenge and inspire for a long time to come.
Our diverse speakers include:
- Dr. Kristin Alford Director of the Science Creativity Education Studio (Sci.C.Ed) University of South Australia;
- Tony Crawshaw Communications and Outreach Coordinator of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics (CNBP)
- Jayne Heath Director of Professional Learning, Australian Science and Mathematics School
- Prof Martin Westwell Strategic Professor, Flinders Centre for Science, Education in the 21st Century, Flinders University
- Anita Zocchi Principal, Adelaide High School
And registrants can also choose to attend one of the following events:
- Adelaide High School site tour - filling fast!
- SAHMRI – South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute site tour - booked out!
- Flinders at Tonsley site tour
- The Braggs, University of Adelaide site tour
- Jeffrey Smart Building, University of South Australia site tour
- A workshop in STEM for primary schools -- filling fast!
Tickets for members of Learning Environments Australasia are $200, non-members $250 and full time students are $75. All prices exclude GST.
Thanks to the South Australian Chapter for organising a marvellous programme.
Thanks to major sponsor Woods Furniture , closing drinks sponsor Interface, site tour sponsors Deluxe Lighting and Flooring Trade Depot and name tag sponsor, Pascale Construction.
At Woods Furniture we believe that education is of the utmost importance, not just for the children of today, but for our world tomorrow.
This fundamental belief has driven our team, for over half a century, to study how children learn from a behavioural, ergonomic and cognitive perspective, and to develop furniture that is flexible, adaptable and stimulating.
At Woods, we’re for flexible learning.