Announcing our special “Transformance” tour of Margaret River and South West WA
13 Dec 2018
Dolphins, dining and leading learning spaces feature in our new delegates only initiative.
Join us for a pre-conference tour on May 27 and 28 and get a taste of the diverse south-west of Western Australia, along with site visits to some innovative educational and institutional projects including Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School and Bunbury Catholic College.
Epicurean highlights include dining at the award-winning Wills Domain in Yallingup and wine tasting at Cape Mentelle Winery in Margaret River. The tour concludes with lunch at the recently redeveloped Dolphin Discovery Interpretive Centre on Koombana Bay in Bunbury.
Tour numbers are strictly limited to 40. We strongly recommend you book ASAP when Transformance early bird registration opens.
Don't forget - LEA members receive first access to early bird registration, so if you'd like to book the tour and save $330 on your conference registration, make sure you join LEA by December 31.
Rapid change is disrupting how, what and where people learn. How can education and learning spaces adapt and thrive under this pressure?
Hear from those at the fore of this "transformance":
- MC Ewan McIntosh, NoTosh, UK
- Paul Collard, Creativity, Culture and Education, UK
- Mette Kynne Fransden, Henning Larsen, Denmark
- Professor John Hattie, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Francine Houben, Mecanoo architecten, Netherlands
- Dr Kate Raynes-Goldie, Games We Play, Australia
- Dr Wesley Imms, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Chris Bradbeer, Stonefields School, New Zealand
Check out the bios for our speakers. Transformance will also have case studies, workshops, site tours to leading learning spaces, networking opportunities and more special guests to be announced!
Join LEA by December 31 to access member conference rates and save $330 compared to a non-member registration.
Early Bird rates (in Australian dollars, GST inclusive):
Members - $1,155
Non-members - $1,485
Full time Students (ID required) - $660
Young Professionals** (see conditions below) - $605
Keep in touch via our conference website, or sign up to our mailing list. Early Bird Registration opens January 2019.
Transformance will be held at the Perth Convention Centre on the awardwinning Elizabeth Quay waterfront (below, photo courtesy MRA).
Special flight offer
We are pleased to announce that our exclusive airline supplier, QANTAS, is offering delegates a discount on flights to and from Perth and free Frequent Flyer membership.
A special booking link will be available to delegates when registration opens in January 2019.
We look forward to seeing you at Transformance!
Dani Martin, Eamon Broderick and Paul Edwards
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors for their ongoing support
**Conditions for Young Professionals registrations:
- Available only during Early Bird registration
- Available only to members
- ID is required when collecting delegate pass from the conference registration desk
- Schools can register two employees under 35 at half price for each full price registration from the same LEA group membership
- Design practices can register two employees under 35 at half price for every two full price member registrations from the same LEA group membership
Top: Bunbury Catholic College (Peter Bennetts Photography). Bottom: Dolphin Discovery Centre (Troy Mayne); Cape Mentelle vineyards (Cape Mentelle)