Transformance: Paul Collard on the learning environments that foster creativity
28 Mar 2019
Early Bird Registration closes this Sunday March 31... your last chance to save $220 on our best conference yet!
Paul Collard, WA"s former Thinker in Residence and Chief Executive of the international foundation Creativity, Culture & Education (CCE), returns to Perth to deliver a Transformance keynote and workshop.
CCE has devised and implemented programmes in thousands of schools around the world - including Perth - all intended to improve and deepen the learning of children and young people by fostering their creativity.
Paul will draw from this experience to provide examples of learning environments which improve the quality of learning, and explore whether the principles of learning environment design differ between cultures.
Explore the spirit of Fremantle in its education West End
Lance Holt School
The West End of Fremantle is an important heritage precinct, largely dominated by late Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian buildings that date back to the beginnings of the colony in 1829.
The ethos of the Lance Holt School is underpinned by connectedness to community and sustainability. As an inner-city school in a historic precinct, the school benefits from and contributes to the surrounding community and natural environment. The school has strong links with Spare Parts Puppet Theatre, Notre Dame University, City of Fremantle and the Maritime Museum.
Winner of an Australian Institute of Architects Public Architecture award, The Tannock Hall of Education is the second purpose-built new university building on the University of Notre Dame Australia’s Fremantle campus.
Widely used by the University and the public, Tannock Hall is designed to be sympathetic to the existing scale and materials of its heritage, as well as clearly contemporary.
Choose Tour 3 - Fremantle (Wednesday) when you register.
What's in store for Transformance?
Rapid change is disrupting how, what and where people learn.
Join us in Perth from May 28-31 to explore how education and learning spaces can adapt and thrive under exponential change.
Hear from those at the fore of this "transformance":
- MC Ewan McIntosh, NoTosh, UK
- Paul Collard, Creativity, Culture and Education, UK
- Mette Kynne Fransden, Henning Larsen, Denmark
- Professor John Hattie, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Francine Houben, Mecanoo architecten, Netherlands
- Dr Kate Raynes-Goldie, Games We Play, Australia
- Dr Wesley Imms, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Australia
- Chris Bradbeer, Stonefields School, New Zealand
- Interactive workshops with Ewan McIntosh and several keynotes;
- Case studies and workshops on masterplanning, creative learning, innovative teaching, vertical and inner city schooling, gaming as a learning tool, landscaping and pedagogy, and the latest research into effective innovative learning environments;
- Tours to Perth's leading learning spaces, including the award-winning Wesley College, Willeton Senior High School and Highgate Primary School;
- The 2019 LEA Awards for Excellence in Educational Facilities at the Annual Conference Dinner, Kings Park;
- Transformance Pecha Kucha;
- One of the strictly limited places on our special pre-conference tour of the South West and Margaret River
Early Bird Registration ends Sunday March 31
Save $220 on standard registration!
(in Australian dollars, GST inclusive)
Members - $1,155
Non-members - $1,485
Full time Students (ID required) - $660
Young Professionals** (see conditions below) - $605
Transformance will be held at the Perth Convention Centre on the awardwinning Elizabeth Quay waterfront (below, photo courtesy MRA).
Special flight offer
We are pleased to announce that our exclusive airline supplier, QANTAS, is offering delegates a discount on domestic flights to and from Perth and free Frequent Flyer membership. Conditions apply, visit the website for more information
We look forward to seeing you at Transformance!
Dani Martin, Eamon Broderick and Paul Edwards
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors for their ongoing support
**Conditions for Young Professionals registrations:
- Available only during Early Bird registration
- Available only to members
- ID is required when collecting delegate pass from the conference registration desk
- Schools can register two employees under 35 at half price for each full price registration from the same LEA group membership
- Design practices can register two employees under 35 at half price for every two full price member registrations from the same LEA group membership